Tuesday, February 26, 2008

usibility test of gov web site

Usability test of www.usemb.gov.do/

Diana:
What is this sight?
A: Bands? Music? Presidents or rulers? Oohh, embassy of US in DR.

Find what you will need to apply for a k-3 visa.
A: what is a k-3 visa…Its in Spanish, she looked around, looked through all drop down menus till she saw the word visa, clicked, looked through all secondary nav: saw k-3, and clicked. Then found out it could be put in English!
Response: I don’t have any governmental knowledge, how do I find anything on this sight? I don’t care about anything on the front page-why does that info need to be there? It needs some kind of obvious direction and nav. “iyik!” and I don’t understand the bottom navigation at all.


Sara:
What is this sight?
A: tries to read some Spanish, ‘Dominican embassy sight, wait, US embassy in the DR”

Find what you will need to apply for a k-3 visa.
A: went through all drop down menus, did not find English version, complained about ‘government wording’, went through secondary nav to find k-3, very excited when she found it.
Response: hard to read when drop down menu falls, embassy highlights not relevant.


Dariel:
What is this sight?
A: I think this sight is pretty biased. .explaining all the good things and great ideas of the American government. Does not really what really is going on. Its designed to give people the impression that all is good...that no war is being waged and that things in the DR are great when it comes to the American mindset of things.

Find what you will need to apply for a k-3 visa
A: I tried finding out the instructions of what I need for a k3 visa and quite frankly the navigations is very simple...there’s nothing uber complex all is simply not titled like it should be. I wonder if its because its an embassy site for a third world country so they have to keep things really simple. but in a matter of 3 or 4 clicks I was the page I needed.

No comments: