Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Redesign of gov web site




the above are my re-dos. >So the things I hated about the site www.usemb.gov.dr/ are that it is un-inviting, hard to navigate and understand, and a lot of real-estate was being used by information not relevant to the porpoise of the site. I chose to take out a fair amount of information off the main page and use that space for news that had barring on visa cases the site and embassy would be processing. I made the sight more inviting, toned down the irritating yellow, made the text a lighter gray that was easy to read and easier on the eyes. i made the language choice bigger and easier to find, and in both languages. I also changed all titles and Link names to more commonly used terms and/or to words that the public uses rather than the embassy. I feel good about my re-design. I have spent a lot of time with this site and the embassy and have found that they really just don't care or in fact like to make things hard and confusing. every time i call them with a question they either don't know what i am talking about or they don't understand the words i say. If i could re-do their entire sight in exchange for my fiancé's visa, i totally would! and i would save some pain for future visa seekers!

No comments: